Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Walking in Grace

A portion of the song, "Grace," by Laura Story is copied below. The song will be sung Sunday morning by a member of our worship team accompanied by the band. The message of the song is congruent with the message our pastor, Jason, will preach: Clear...."Cleaning out life's contaminants." As I have read and re-read the words, I have found the message profound.

Grace is a gift from God. Even though we tend to have a "pay back" mentality in life, grace cannot be paid back. How then can we respond to grace? The song says it well in verse three. "So, instead of trying to repay You, I'm learning to simply obey You." Read the words below and let them challenge and bless your life.

As I walk with You, I'm learning what Your grace really means. The price that I could never pay was paid at Calvary. So, instead of trying to repay You, I'm learning to simply obey You by giving up my life to you For all that You've given to me.

I ask you: "How many times will you pick me up, when I keep on letting you down?
And each time I will fall short of Your glory, how far will forgiveness abounds?"
And you answer: " My child, I love you.
And as long as you're seeking My face, You'll walk in the pow'r of My daily sufficient grace."

Grace by Laura Story
2007 New Spring (Admin. by Brentwood-Benson Music Publishing, Inc.)
Gleaning Publishing (Admin. by Brentwood-Benson Music Publishing)


Benny Stofer
Worship Pastor

No comments: